top of page
Universal Athlete Academy
WHY USE E-LEARNING VIDEOS?
According to Dr. Lynell Burmark, education consultant who writes and speaks about visual literacy: “…unless our words, concepts, ideas are hooked onto an image, they will go in one ear, sail through the brain, and go out the other ear. Words are processed by our short-term memory where we can only retain about seven bits of information (plus or minus 2) […]. Images, on the other hand, go directly into long-term memory where they are indelibly etched.”
Excerpt from Shiftelearning.com
E-Learning Transmits Messages Faster
- The Brain can see images that last for just 13 milliseconds.
- Our eyes can register 36,000 visual messages per hour.
- We can get the sense of a visual scene in less than 1/10 of a second.
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
More Information About E-Learning
- Visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
- 40 percent of the nerve fibers are linked to retina.
- "All this indicates human beings process visual information more efficiently than text."
- Visuals have been found to improve learning by up to 400 percent!
bottom of page